Better to go down dignified
With boughten friendship at your side
Than none at all. Provide, provide! - Robert Frost
Might be a good time to approach Eliot Spitzer on values-based planning. I am rehearsing some opening gambits:
- What are your family values? (Check all that apply; circle your top three.)
- How should we pass those values on to your children?
- What kind of world do you want to leave?
- How would you like to be remembered?
- What's next for you?
- What have you lost and what have you gained?
- How will your insights guide your life decisions going forward?
- Given your great gifts, how can you have the greatest possible impact for the good in the time that remains?
- Have you considered getting Born Again?
- If you were taken down by bigger evil doers than yourself, how can I help you get even?
- What role might philanthropy play in restoring or avenging your reputation?