Here, adapted from an email to me from Charles Bernard Maclean and published with permission, are questions for Presidential Candidates. These are the kind of questions that voters, journalists, and those organizing debates might ask:
1. Who is your role model for good giving and why?
2. What's the most satisfying gift you've given? And, what benefits for yourself and others resulted?
3 What do you care about, give to now and why?
4. America is the most giving country in world. What will you do to continue and expand that ethic?
5. What's your stance on encouraging volunteering and dollar donation by all Americans?
6. What stops people from giving? What national policies and legislation will you champion to overcome these obstacles to giving?
For strategies to quiz candidates visit the Nonprofit Congress. Also visit the New Hampshire Center for Nonprofits, and see the Chronicle of Philanthropy story, "Nonprofit Primary Pursuits: New effort seeks to get candidates to focus on the charitable world," by Suzanne Perry.