Ranked from the least ethical to the most ethical, without a doubt:
- Commission-based; represents financial services firm
- Salary based fundraisers; represents one of many nonprofits
- Fee and commission based Investment Advisor; represents client and firm
- Fee only, represents client only
- Pro bono Morals Tutor to America's Wealthiest Families, represents the Public Interest only
My post here is in part a response to Jay's new book, Family: The Compact Between Generations. I will blog it as I read it carefully. An important book and a milestone on the road from Democracy to something like Aristocracy, if all goes well, or to a Plutocracy if the family does not acquire a public spirited attitude and achieve personal and humane excellence.